The scheme is launched on 1st April, by Rajiv Gandhi 2011. It is centrally under the Ministry of women and child development. SABLA is a scheme-for-empowerment-of-adolescent-girls.
TARGET GROUP for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls
- Girls in the age group of 11-18 years in 202 districts.
- Otherwise, including girls under the age of 11 to 14 years and age group of 14 to 18 years focuses attention on their nourishment.
- The scheme will also focus on all young girls who collect to Aganwadi centers transferred out by the government of India.
- The scheme receives education skills and food tips.
- Also Make them aware of social, legal issues by a visit of Aganwadi centers.
- In the same way under this scheme, two types of services provided.
Objectives of Empowerment of Adolescent Girls:-
- Also, facilitate the self-development and empowerment of young girls.
- To improve their nutrition value of nourishment and also maintain a healthy structure.
- At least spread awareness about health hygiene, nutrition, Adolescent, Reproductive, and also sexual health.
- And improve their home skills, life skills, and vocational skills.
- To provide information and guide services also provides by the government, post office station, e.t.c.
Evaluation of Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls (RGSEAG)
- Nutrition segment — .
- Non-nutrition section —
Scheme For Empowerment Of Adolescent Girls:
- Iron and Folic Acid will be supplementation.
- Health checks up Nutrition health and education counseling on family good.
- And young generative and sexual health and childcare practices also.
- Life skill education will be access to public services.
Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Young girls under the age group of 16-18 years basic training under will be the national Skill development program.
- For example, the Ongoing scheme young girls will be 11 to 18 years.
- Also, Nutrition and Health guidance.
- counseling on family also will be childcare practices.
- Life skills will be education and accessing public services.
Modalities of SABLA Scheme
- Development of Kishori Samooh would be of an age group of 15-25 years girls in the village
- And it is formed only in a community when there are less than 7 Aganwadi centers.
- Training kit— To also provide knowledge regarding health, hygiene, nutrition value, and social and legal issues.
- Otherwise, the cost of this training kit is 10,000 Rs. And it includes various games and activities.
- To celebrate Kishori Diwas on every third month for the better implementation of activities and coordination.
- Kishori card is provided to each young girl manage by the Aganwadi centers.
- It contains information all about height, weight, Iron Folic Acid supplementation,
- And also services supplied under SABLA.
Conclusion of Empowerment of Adolescent Girls Scheme
- Under this scheme, activities are analyzing every quarter to know the progress also.
- The committee also set up at the village and block level, district level, street level, and national level.
- A board checks the improvement of scheme activities moved to maintain the coordination and departments.
- The center gives 100 percent of finance for all inputs to the state government and union territory.