MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT LOCAL AREA DEVELOPMENT SCHEME [MPLADS]: The members of the LokSabha and Rajya Sabha may choose any districts from any one State in the country for implementation of work. The government of India formulated the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme on 23rd December 1993.
- The remuneration of an MP includes a basic salary of Rs. 50,000/- per month and Rs. 45,000/- as allowance apart from other perks. The wages of MPs increased to Rs.1 lakh from Rs.50,000/- in the year 2018.
- The other perks amount is made exempt from tax, but the amount of salaries received by MPs is taxable in India under the head ” Income from other sources.”MPs receive expenses to cover the cost of running an office, employing staff, while they go outside the country for some purpose or when they travel between the parliament and constituency.
[MPLADS] Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme Details:
AMOUNT OF PENSION TO MPs:
- The member of parliament serves more than one full-term, the amount of pension provided to him of Rs. 1,500/- every year.
LIST OF WORK TAKEN UP UNDER MPLADS is as follow—–
- Construction of buildings of schools, colleges, hostels and libraries and other educational purposes
- Development of tube wells for providing drinking water to people in villages, towns, or cities.
- Construction of roads in village and cities.
- Construction of bridges on highways and railways.
- Construction of buildings for sports and gym facility centers and construction of buildings for hospitals.
- Unique forestry, horticulture, parks, and gardens in community lands.
- Desilting of ponds and lakes in villages and cities.
- Construction of public libraries and reading rooms.
- Development of public irrigation and providing drainage facilities to the public.
- Development of Aganwadi centers.
- Construction of public healthcare centers and building of trusts providing health care medicines.
- Construction of buildings for rehabilitation centers.
- Construction of crematorium and grounds for burrow of dead bodies.
- Constitution of footpaths, footbridges.
- Providing civic amenities such as electricity, water, and public toilets in slum areas of cities, towns, and villages.
- Construction of bus stops for public transport passengers.
- Procurement of hospital equipment like an X-Ray machine, Ambulances for government hospitals.
- Setting up mobile dispensaries in rural areas by government Panchayati institution.
- Providing ambulances in a reputed service organization like Red cross and Ramakrishna Mission.
- Providing computers in schools and colleges for learning. Equipment supplied to trusts poor and middle-class families who can learn in beliefs by paying an amount which refunded to them after passing the exam of the computer course undertaken in faith.
- Purchasing of motorboats for the rescue of people who are victims of flood in affected areas.
- Under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme, the district Authorities identify the implementing agencies who are capable of executing the eligible work qualitatively in time. Under MPLAD funds are provided to NGOs for allowing them to teach MS-Office software to the students of the school for 24-48 hours of the learning period.
- For these two teachers are appointed per school. MPs recommend Rs.22lakhs per annum from their fund to make a purchase of books for schools, colleges, public libraries belonging to central states.
- For carrying on various activities by trusts and societies MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT, LOCAL AREA DEVELOPMENT SCHEME provides from their Funds Rs.50 lakhs in a year. The work of beliefs and community carried out a lifetime.
MPLADS Guidelines English and Hindi:
MPLADS Guidelines in English PDF
MPLADS Guidelines in Hindi PDF